No custom development is needed to read entities from CRM and to represent those entities in Sitecore, provided Sitecore already has a data structure that can be used to store the data. In this example, we are reading entities from CRM (accounts) and are representing those entities in an existing data structure (Sitecore items).
Associating an xDB contact with a CRM account will require custom code, because it is doing more than reading entities (it is reading a relationship between the contact and account entities) and is storing that data in a data structure that must be created (a custom contact facet). Complex Synchronization covers how to implement this.
- 1. Confirm CRM Privileges
- 2. Add Templates for CRM Entity Data
- 3. Add Entity Repository
- 4. Add Value Accessor Set for CRM Entity
- 5. Add Value Accessor Set for Sitecore Item
- 6. Add Value Mapping Set
- 7. Add Pipelines to Handle CRM Entity
- 8. Add Pipelines to Read CRM Entities
- 9. Add Pipeline Batch
- 10. Run Pipeline Batch