This synchronization process is defined in the pipeline batch CRM Contacts to xDB Sync Pipeline Batch.
The contact synchronization process involves the following steps:
- Read contacts from CRM.
- Loop through the contacts from CRM. For each contact:
- Get the xDB contact that corresponds to the CRM contact if one exists, otherwise create a new xDB contact.
- Get the entry from the work queue that corresponds to the xDB contact if one exists, otherwise create a new work queue entry.
- Apply value mappings by reading values from the CRM contact and writing those values to the work queue entry.
- Read contacts from work queue.
- Create a known contact set for the xDB bulk contact update API.
- Loop through the contacts from the work queue. For each contact:
- Add the contact to the known contact set.
- Submit the known contact set.
A more detailed sequence diagram is available