This section explains how to map custom entity facets from Sitecore 8.x to Sitecore 9.0.
An example is used to guide you through the process. In this example, a custom contact facet is used to store information about a customer loyalty program that the contact is enrolled in.
This example uses contact facets, but adding interaction facets is done in the same way.
- Determine the Data to Migrate
- Determine Where to Store the Migrated Data
- Implement Components to Store Migrated Data
- Map Data from MongoDB to Contact Facet
- Update the xConnect Endpoint
- Update the Pipeline Step that Resolves the Contact Model
- Specify Data to Read from MongoDB
- Specify Data to Write to xConnect Contact Facet
- Configure Mapping from MongoDB Contact to xConnect Contact Facet
- Specify How xConnect Contact Facet is Populated
- Add Mapping for xConnect Contact Facet to Entity Model for Contact
- Run Pipeline Batch